No announcement yet.

need company details

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need company details

One of my friend got selected in a company called WESTLINE Ship Management Pvt Ltd, Ahmedabad via campus placement. Now the company is asking him to undergo Pre Sea Training for Electro Technical Officer course from Coimbatore Marine College.

To complete his professional course he need to undergo various trainings through 3 phases in the duration of 2 yrs for which he need to pay Rs 5,25,000/- (for Phase 1 # Rs. 1,75,000 and for Phase 2 # Rs. 3,50,000). Can anyone kindly tell me weather this company is valid or not and also about the process they have mentioned.

@Sekhar: First Advice- You can try geting direct admission in colleges which provides sponsorship. Why go through a third party (in this case -westline ship management) which is not even approved by DG shipping. All the manning complaines which promises jobs in shipping should have RPSL number approved by DG shipping.

It has got mixed reviews. some says its fake and some says its an eligible company (as per the internet). I cannot comment on "if they are genuine or fake". Please ensure you clarify all your doubts with them before investing this big amount. This is a fees structure with a fancy (Phase 1 and 2) name. Do check the fees of colleges like AESM, Univan, etc as you may find it less expensive because they will not include the service charges as westline shipping is a 3rd party. Best of luck.

As said, I cannot comment How genuine is the company, but certainly advice you to directly get admission by giving IMU CET exam in one of the reputed college.

• ramana
      ramana commented
      Editing a comment
      my friend same as like him facing problem with this company(west line ship management pvt ltd) they are came to my friend's college and requted nearly 100students and conducted medical test also and after that they gave him to pre appiontment order also plzzzzzzz help me out from this situation plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sir we are requsted to give the details about this company plzzzzzz sir

I have gone through all the comments about West Line Ship Management Pvt. Ltd., and still confused whether it is trust worthy or not. I am a final year B. Tech student from VIT University, Vellore. The company visited our college on 1st April, 2016. They took written test and followed by interview (though i hardly believe they would have checked papers). Since I gave both and got selected as well. I have given lot of company exams and interviews and what I feel about this company was like they were just doing formality for test and interview. Interviewing 4 students at a time. Asking questions about states and capitals of India, names of PM and CMs, etc. This shows that either the company desperately need employees or they are just trying to cheat us. They have selected 65 students from our college. All have got their offer letter. Now we have to go to their head office in Ahmedabad for medical check up and to receive final appointment letter (on a 100 Rs. stamp paper) with a sum of 30,000 rs. advance fee and 3000 rs. for medical check up.

I searched about the company. It was established in 2005 but started their shipping business in 2014. The company do not hold RPSL no. I called to the no. provided by company in my offer letter to inquire about the RPSL no., they told me that they had already applied for the same and will get RPSL no. within 1 month.

Based on all the reviews and comments, I am still in dilemma. Need some more suggestions. Please suggest what would be the best option for me, whether to join the company or not.

thank you

Sandeep Verma

Last edited by sandeep; 04-09-2016, 09:18 PM.

sandeep As said Earlier, they are acting like a 3rd party. They will take money from you and get an admission in another college so that you can complete the course. The only promise they are making is to provide you a ship training for 6 months which will make you eligible to give exams and further progress in this filed. For that they are demanding a service charge. As they are not an RPSL company, any fraud done by them (or delay in getting you a job - some says even 1 to 2 years to get onboard) will not be entertained by DG shipping. As per my knowledge and DG shipping rules, charging a service fees of any kind to provide onboard training is illegal.

I will suggest you to directly enquire to good colleges and take admission. If you are still interested in West line, ask them for surety of job in black and white with a time limit (There are many cases where job surety has been given in black and white but without any time limitation which can make you wait for 2-3 years to get a job after completion of course.

Again it is your call to proceed and to invest your money and golden years. Best of luck.

Need information regarding Westline shipping plzz sir

Thank you for sharing this useful information.