No announcement yet.

Anglo eastern

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglo eastern

I would like to join merchant navy and currently Anglo Eastern will be visiting our campus I have done my B-tech in automobile. I would like to ask few things about Anglo eastern

Waiting Period: after pre-sea training is completed is their a waiting time for the training on board too and when I join as a trainee. I have read few bad reviews of the company like as their intake is high and thus waiting period is also high. Do I have to wait every time I sail and am I paid during the waiting period.

Travelling expenses: I have read that Anglo does not provide good on-board services for its employees and also does not provide travel expenses and guest house while at port.Is it true?

It would also be beneficial for me if someone could give me an overview of the company (about management , payroll and how they treat their employees).

1. Yes. You may face a waiting period depending upon the availability of the ship. This is applicable to all the shipping companies as they cannot bring back the candidate before completion of his/her contract as the candidate needs to complete the required sea time for the exams.

2. Anglo Eastern is a good management company. It may be a problem with few ships or rather say few captains (The company will provide all the services and it is the masters responsibility to ensure they are being implemented properly). All the travel expenses wil be bourn by the company whenever you join the ship or when you complete the contract and get back home.
    What do you mean by - does not provideguest house while at port.Is it true?
    You won't need a guest house in port as you will be living in the ship.

Overall AESM is a good company with payment on time.

Thank you sir for the information.