Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shifting from marine to offshore field...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifting from marine to offshore field...

i am basically a mechanical engineer .. after completing my engineering i went for GME course(Graduate Marine Engineer) and now i finished sailing as a junior engineer in a container vessel for 6.5 months. as my next preocedure is to prepare for class 4 meo exams. i look forward to shift in career..

i.e. i want to go for offshore rig field which contains positions like DRILLING ENGINEER, SUB SEA ENGINEER, TOOL PUSHER etc.. but i dont know how to enter or what to do for that.. i just want a short contract... i dont have problem in hard working...

if its not possible right now as a junior engineer experience then kindly tell me if i clear class 4 meo exam or sail more or after how much of sailing experience i can get into that field...
    kindly please reply me regarding my doubts as nobody is able to clarify my doubts.. if u cant help me kindly link me to the guy who can clear my doubts.. i would be thankful to you if u could help me out..

Unfortunately for you this is a very bad time to be looking for work on drilling rigs. The oil price has fallen by more than 50% in the last year and many drilling companies have gone bankrupt. Those that survived have cut large numbers of staff so there is a large number of highly experienced oilmen who are now unemployed. I am currently working on a drillship in Angola and my firm has lost many contracts. I am one of the lucky few who has not (yet) been laid off. I think the best thing you can do for now is get your seatime and go for your marine engineer officer licence. Then when the oil drilling industry gets back on its feet you will have a better chance of entering the industry. A marine licence is required for engineers working on drill ships and semi-subs and other MODUs.

Comment

Unfortunately for you this is a terrible time to be searching for work on penetrating apparatuses. The oil cost has fallen by more than half in the most recent year and numerous penetrating organizations have gone bankrupt. Those that survived have cut extensive quantities of staff so there is a substantial number of profoundly experienced oilmen who are presently unemployed. I am presently dealing with a drillship in Angola and my firm has lost numerous agreements. I am one of the fortunate few who has not (yet) been laid off. I think the best thing you can accomplish for the present is get your seatime and go for your marine architect officer permit. At that point when the oil penetrating industry gets back on its feet you will have a superior shot of entering the business. A marine permit is required for architects chipping away at drill boats and semi-subs and different MODUs.

visit Our Site Mainsails

Comment

maybe you wanna see this:
        Armada Bangsa is a Malaysia Company Focusing On Offshore,Shipping,Logistics & Provide Quality Marine Products To Shipping & Offshore Companies.

Comment

If you want to work in offshore field, these are the documents, trainings, and certification requirements that you must have :

http://ctsi.com.ph/index.php/documen...nts-seafarers/

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Mae Arnaiz View Post
            If you want to work in offshore field, these are the documents, trainings, and certification requirements that you must have :

http://ctsi.com.ph/index.php/documen...nts-seafarers/
            Not that much easier process to shift from marine to offshore should undergo many documents and processes..

Comment

Working...
            X