Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some information on how a ship "works" (for dummies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some information on how a ship "works" (for dummies)

Hello everyone!

First of all: I realize that my question might sound a little out of place in this forum. I still hope one of you might be able to point me in the right direction.

Long story short, I'm currently writing a mystery novel which takes place on a small, exclusive cruise ship. Though my story does not in any way focus on nautics or engineering rather than on the passengers and what's happening on the ship, I'd like to at least gather some basic knowledge on how such a ship works, both from a nautical (as in what are standard procedures on a ship, how does look like in the "captain's cabin") and an engineering perspective (as in, how a ship actually work). I'll avoid these topics whenever possible, but I'll have to write a paragraph or two on them eventually, and I'd rather not look like a complete idiot when I do so.

Bottom line, if any of you could link me some helpful (not too specific) articles or maybe even books, that would help me a lot. I've searched the internet and Wikipedia for hours now, but it's really hard to find something that doesn't just deal with a very specific element of the information I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas
Working...
X