Best Bank to open NRE ACCOUNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Bank to open NRE ACCOUNT

This is regarding which is the Best Bank to open NRE ACCOUNT. The main concern is the exchange rate the bank is offering on inward remittances and overall service.
    Please provide your valuable suggestions. This is really important issue to seafarers who are in this field for money.
    Thank You

@ ZXC: You can opt for any nationalized bank. SBI gives highest rate of exchange and for long term planning (home loan etc.) SBI is considered to provide cheapest ROI but have stringent norms. IF you have NRI account with them, home loan process is much easier than the normal savings account. Other Recommended banck- YES bank, Canara, HDFC

Comment

Anish is right about SBI, however I am wary about the efficiency of nationalised bank and have never transacted with them , except for opening NRE FDs as the rate of interest was max.
      It is better to go for a medium sized private bank near your home which has a good net banking.The service is good or at least you can demand it to be good.
      HDFC has an elaborate bureaucracy.
      I prefer Axis, ICICI.

Comment

If you are investing well rate of exchange does not matter.Keeping the money idle for any amount of time offsets the gain in Exchange rate.You cn positively influence the rate of exchange by having good relationship with the bank head or the relationship manager.That is why I said a mid size branch near your house, so that you do not waste day going to the bank.

Comment

I would recommend HDFC...

Comment

hdfc is bst ,in regard to interest,services

Comment

HDFC is the best option with low interest rates.

Comment

Working...
              X