No announcement yet.

Starting out as a Ship's Agent

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting out as a Ship's Agent

Hi All,

This is my first post on here, please accept my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I've recently left the Royal Navy and would like to explore the opportunity to become a Ship's Agent.

I'm now living in London and have researched two stand alone qualifications, but am unsure of which would be best to study.

1. ICS Foundation Diploma- low cost, distance learning, can start any time, less in depth but options to extend to the advanced diploma and subsequently the Pqe's to become a member of ICS

2. Lloyd's Academy London Diploma in ship and Port agency- looks more in depth, more expensive, next start date Feb 2018, can be extended to MBA ship and Port Agency.

Can anyone offer any advice on which route to take as well as routes of entry into the profession? I'd particularly be interested in being a freelance agent.

Thanks in advance.

Hi R,

Take your time to explore different alternatives but always ready to innovate and re-invent yourself because with the current digital transformation in the shipping industry moving towards big data, IOT and e-commerce. It is easy to get lost with all the options but always stay true to your skill set and people will pay for your skills.

Explore and be inquisitive because opportunities are always there regardless what you do or why you are. Check the link out if you have time, offering your services or provide value add services on MarineCentral is always possible.
    Reduce inventory cost by trading at MarineCentral today!