About onboard training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About onboard training

I am a Engine cadet about to sail.I have got a opportunity to sail in a offshore vessel.My questions are
    1.what are the requirements that ship should possess like engine power should not less than 750kw?
    2.What are the parameters should I confirm before sign in?
    I am in a dilemma to take this opportunity kindly help me out..

Benny
    If you are sailing on offshore vessel near the coast of a India, you won't be able to give Cl IV exams for FG vessel which means in near future you can sail as 4ht engineer in NCV only.
    1. Apart from 750w rule, you must :
    (i) be not less than 18 years on the date prescribed for receipt of application;
    (ii) have completed approved training and assessment programme for a period of thirty months including on -board training duly documented in an approved training record book and meet the standard training record book and meet the standard of competency as specified in section A-III/1 of the STCW Code as applicable to ships engaged in Near - Coastal Voyages;
    (iii) have completed for a period of not less than six months approved sea-going service in the engine department on ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 KW or more closely supervised and monitored by a Marine Engineer Office Class III which is duly documented in an approved training record book as specified in section A-III/1 of the STCW Code as applicable to ships engaged in Near -Coastal Voyages; and
    (iv) have completed approved education, training, examination and assessment and meet the standard of competence as specified in section A-III/1 of the STCW Code as applicable to ships engaged in Near- Coastal - Voyages.
    If the opportunity is genuine, you can take it as the job market is not so good. In near future if the market permits, you can make a shift to FG vessels with offshore experience.

Comment

Working...
    X