BUNKER TRANSFER FROM STORAGE TANK TO SETTLING TANK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUNKER TRANSFER FROM STORAGE TANK TO SETTLING TANK

In the attached schematic the valve circled is a quick closing valve (QCV) that sits between the bunker storage tank (say 1P) and the Settling Tank. In the subsequent photos there is the picture of the actual valve with a seal on it. The purpose of the seal (i believe) is to prevent transfer of fuel oil from storage tank to settling tank during bunkering operation. (By the way this seal was put on the quick closing valve by a bunker surveyor)

My question is are there any regulations in regards to sealing the QCV during bunkering operations and why would this be done? To prevent illegal transfer of fuel oil during bunkering???
    Attached Files

As per my knowledge, there are no such regulations which says QCV or any other valves in the fuel tank transfer line to be sealed at ANY TIME including bunker operations. The bunker surveyor must have done so to avoid any malpractice as mentioned by you during the bunkering operation.

The only sealing involved in the bunkering operation is of the samples for MARPOL and lab tests collected during the operation.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi Raunekk, Thanks for the clarification. I agree that it must have been done to prevent FO transfer during bunkering!

Comment

Working...
      X